SLX™ Clear Aligners Pasadena, CA
What are SLX™ Clear Aligners?
In a small group of aligner systems, SLX Clear Aligners stand out for several reasons. This teeth-straightening system offers a virtually invisible treatment protocol that enables patients to maintain their normal eating habits while getting a straighter, healthier smile. Furthermore, the manufacturing process used for SLX Aligners improves fit to such an extent that most patients do not require attachments to achieve the intended outcome.
How do SLX™ Clear Aligners work?
The SLX Clear Aligner system includes a series of lightweight, clear plastic appliances that gently correct varying degrees of malocclusion. Each set of aligners is made from sophisticated digital engineering that predicts the progression of movement in individual teeth. This makes the SLX system incredibly efficient. Wearing aligners as directed, patients can go about their day without the appearance and discomfort of braces and get a straighter smile in just over a year, in most cases.
Benefits of SLX™ Clear Aligners
Aligner systems are popular for several reasons.
- Aligners are made to fit over the teeth rather than stick out from them.
- Without protruding brackets, patients avoid uncomfortable poking sensations in the lips and cheeks.
- Unlike braces, aligners can be removed for meals and for oral care.
- Without brackets and wires, oral care remains optimally efficient. Patients are less likely to develop gum irritation or cavities during treatment.
- Aligners are the most discreet method of straightening teeth available today.
- SLX aligners have scalloped edges and are trimmed at the gum margin for an excellent fit.
- The SLX system is also designed to be used without the need for attachments.
How visible are clear aligners?
Aligners are made of ClearWear™, a BPA-free and phthalate-free plastic that is manufactured to achieve exceptional clarity. SLX Aligners are some of the most discreet ever made. They are expected to remain clear regardless of the beverages a patient drinks.
This is what makes SLX Clear Aligners extra special. The aligners are uniquely clear compared to other aligner systems.
How often should I wear my aligners?
SLX Clear Aligners work by placing gentle force on teeth. To achieve the desired straightening, aligners must be worn about 22 hours a day. Like other aligner systems, the SLX aligners can be removed for meals and to brush teeth. Every two weeks, aligners are switched to a new set.
Aligners are easy to insert and remove. Either the upper or the lower aligner can be inserted first. Once the proper aligner (for top or bottom) has been identified, the patient simply needs to place the aligners over the arch of teeth. Gentle, equal pressure is applied to the molars on both sides using the fingertips. This will snap the aligners into place. If necessary, patients may bite onto a piece of gauze to seat aligners in the proper position.
When aligners are properly seated over the arches, patients can expect to feel some degree of pressure. This is necessary to ensure teeth move to their new position. Seated aligners may also create a slight lisp. This should resolve after a few days of wear, once the tongue gets used to the aligners.
What is the expected length of treatment?
The manufacturer of the SLX Aligners has developed a treatment system using what they call Sagittal First™ philosophy. This treatment protocol minimizes the degree of malocclusion before aligners are even made. By doing this, your doctor can decrease the time you have to wear aligners. According to the manufacturer, 14 months is the average length of time patients require aligners to achieve optimal outcomes.
How should I clean my aligners?
- Aligners are removed for eating and oral care.
- Before inserting aligners, rinse with cool water.
- To clean aligners, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and small amount of toothpaste to gently brush.
- Consider using Retainer Brite cleaning tablets to clean aligners.
- Mouthwash should not be used on SLX aligners.
- When storing aligners after cleaning, make sure they are completely dry.
Are SLX Clear Aligner results guaranteed?
Orthodontic treatment using the SLX Clear Aligner system is not guaranteed by the manufacturer, as individual results may vary based on several factors.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in having a healthier, straighter smile, learn more about SLX Clear Aligners. Call Dental Studio of Pasadena at (626) 431 2930 to schedule a consultation.